Welcome to Oxford Dance Camp >25<!
2019: Friday 2nd – Sunday 11th August
It’s our 25th anniversary, so for 2019 we go back 25 years to revisit the Neon Nineties, celebrate our silver anniversary with a Silver Disco, and for Live Music Monday we welcome some fun Gipsy Jazz!
First Saturday: Neon 90s Disco!
- Some of the most banging dance music ever came out of the 90s. Take yourself back to the decade when ODC began, and relive the likes of KLF, Shamen and Fatboy Slim. Bombtastic! We’re promised black lights, so if you don’t have any nostalgic threads just bring your most fluorescent gear or super white shirts!
Monday live music: Gipsy Jazz Night!
- On Live Music Monday we welcome some choice cuts from the Hot Club de Kings Sutton. There won’t be any traffic, but you can still expect lengthy jams! Goatee and roll neck optional.
Thursday night: Silver Disco (three track)! Maybe a little gold too.
- On Thursday we celebrate our 25th anniversary with a silver themed disco. Everyone make friends with the dudes in Silver Circle so you can poach the best kit to wear. Or wrap yourself up in tin foil. Heck, you’re good at this, you can think of something. It’s the three-track disco, so bring three pieces of music with classic ODC memories from the last 25 years. Oh, and it’s Anna’s 50th just after camp, so if you want to go gold that’s cool too.
And… we’ll also have a first night Make a Heart workshop cafe, the Sunday Circle Crawl, Open Mic Tuesday, a 1925 themed street party for the tea dance, the Friday Night Ceilidh, and the other japes that we know and love.
Book a place!
We may get full! Send your form in asap to hold a place.
Just click on the Book Tickets tab at the top of this page, put the dates in your diary, and book the time off work now!
And bring a friend! New poster for 2019!
Who do you know who’d love camp like we do? Send them the email, or direct them to this site. or we have a new poster. Just print or send a copy by clicking here.
This year’s ticket prices…
We’ve kept it frozen AGAIN for 2019: £200 adult and £100 for under 18s, unless you take the 30% off for booking before the end of May making it £140 / £70 for a 10 day camping party! Yay!
Working at camp this year
If you want to work your ticket you must square a deal with the right person in advance. For your convenience you can enquire using these special addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org – Anna
email@example.com – Rabhya
firstname.lastname@example.org – Kate
email@example.com – Ju
firstname.lastname@example.org – Emily
email@example.com – Tony
firstname.lastname@example.org – Simon
email@example.com – Peter, for any other general enquiries.
The phone number for the site for the week is Jem’s: 07 7654 80625
Catching up and visitors
We love to catch up with you if you can’t make the camp, and sometimes you need something dropped off by your Dad, but at the same time it is a closed camp. We do our best to manage this, so please read our policy here. (It’s still the Wednesday, pretty much, running a bit later to 9pm).
For 2019 there is a trial late arrivals opportunity for exceptional regular campers. Read about it in the policy here.
There will be a range of delicious lunches (we’re promised more variety than last year), from the slightly gourmet to the practical and affordable, and all of it ethical and groovy. We also have offers for making coffee!
A settled programme for 5-8pm
This has needed doing for a bit. We now have a set line up for the inbetweeny hours:
- 5:00 – kids hot tub / choir
- 6:00 – circle dance (in the field on Wed to make room for sweat lodge)
- 6:30 – kids disco (kids’ ceilidh on Friday)
- 7:00 – dinner / relaxation
- 8:00 – storytelling (not on Friday or Tuesday)
This year’s exec
The exec for 2019 is unchanged: Jem, Ros, Simon, Pete and Vanessa.
If you’d like to be on the exec in future years just offer to manage something. Ask any current or former management team members what’s involved.
So, forward this web address to your friends who you think would love it, book the time out, and get ready for a fun, fun week!
See you soon!
Jem and Ros and Simon and Peter and Nessa and Anna and Tony and Ju and Su and Emily and Alex and Giles and Kate and Nick and Rabhya and Bill and Rumi and Sean and Joan and… *everyone else* x x x
Memories of the 2014 camp – Ziggy’s song – You fill my heart with gladness
And here is a reminder of Emilee’s documentary…
Since Jem can’t find out how to add this to the Dance Dictionary page, here’s an A-Z of dance video for you on the front page
If you have any feedback that you haven’t already let us know at camp, please email us or chat to someone on the management team. We are always interested to hear your views.
Meanwhile, if you have a Facebook account and want to stay in touch, please follow this link to our Group.
The Dance Camp Annual Cycle
Last Sunday in September (e.g 29th Sept 2019) – Wash Up Meeting to capture thoughts on improvements for next year, and look ahead.
First Sunday after January 2nd (e.g. 5th Jan 2020) – Main Planning Meeting. Activity includes considering themed evening events.
March-ish – invitations to camp go out.
Last weekend in April – Site Day (perhaps), e.g. wood, making things and Catch Up Meeting.
End of May – early bird discount deadline.
Last weekend before camp (normally July) – Site Set-up Day.
First Friday in August (e.g. 2nd Aug 2019) – Camp Starts!